03 October 2009

About this Blog

This blog is being launched under the title "The Air Somewhere".

Of course, I'll change it as the whim takes me.

The title is a tribute to my favourite writer of the last few decades, Ray Bradbury. Bradbury's amazing stories have inspired millions, but he is as human as he ever was, and as prone to put his foot in it as any of us.

He was quoted in the New York Times recently, scathingly dismissing the internet as "distracting". “It’s meaningless; it’s not real. It’s in the air somewhere” , quoth the author of Fahrenheit 451.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/20/us/20ventura.html?_r=1

Well, that's just ... silly. Not to worry, though. Ray Bradbury is still my hero, and so, as a tongue-in-cheek tribute to him, I've named the blog after him.

And what will it be about, you ask? Well, to start with you can expect it to reflect the sloth of its creator. But on the (probably rare) occasions that I do post anything, comments on books and stories I've read should feature strongly. As should anything else I wish to embarrass myself about.

Let's see, now ... (chews pencil, eventually nods off)

No comments:

Post a Comment